Whoops!


Abish checking out the fish tank

The cats have always enjoyed our fish tank. They watch the few remaining fish (we're down to two) swim around. They watch intently when I clean out the aquarium and sometimes attempt to help. They love to lie on top of the aquarium and look down from that perch.

This morning I noticed that the water level was low, and so I removed the top in order to add some more water. I left the room to fill my bucket with water, and when I returned, the water in the tank was sloshing around rather rapidly. Peter was quick to inform me that Abish  had jumped into the tank! I assume she didn't realize that the top was off, and instead received a wet surprise. Sure enough, I discovered the poor cat, probably wetter than she's ever been in her life, trying to dry herself with her tongue. She wasn't all that was wet either. Besides the stack of school papers and books that happened to be lying on the dresser next to the aquarium that were entirely soaked, the carpet also had a damp trail leading back down the hall to where Abish had sought refuge after her unexpected dunking.

I did count the fish after all this. Still two.

Ishmael lying on his favorite perch after the unfortunate accident this morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop