Crocheted hats

Front view with silly kids
A couple days ago, I crocheted myself a hat. It was a simple affair, round, with a brim, to keep the sun off my face when I take the kids to the park or the pool. It took a day or two, because I had to take out rows of stitches when I made it too full. Josh saw my hat and wanted one like it. So when mine was done, I made him one. Then Hannah wanted one. Then Peter wanted one. By then, we had to personalize them so we could tell whose was whose. Finally John didn't want to be left out, so we now have five crocheted summer hats in the house. Fun. While I finally have the technique down and can do one in 4-5 hours, I'm not crocheting another hat for a while.
All five hats and the remains of the yarn ball. Mine is front right. Hannah's in the middle, Peter with the red stripes and Josh has his name on the front. John's isn't decorated yet.

Rear view with silly kids


Comments

  1. DO you have a pattern for them? I'd like one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted the instructions on my other blog:
    http://maelynsbigadventure.blogspot.com/2011/06/crocheted-hats.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop