Stomach Bug

You know how I mentioned yesterday that Peter took a nap on the living room couch at 10am yesterday? Did it sound strange to you that my active almost nine year old would take a morning nap? Well if so, you're right. He spent the rest of the day either laying there on the couch with a headache, or else in the bathroom throwing up. (I'm so glad that he is old enough to get to the bathroom when he needs to throw up!) He sipped from a water bottle throughout the day and watched movies from the couch. He had a fever that got up to 103*F last night, and he went to bed early instead of attending cub scouts.

This morning his temperature was back down to 99*F, but he has already thrown up once so far today. (It couldn't have been much because he hardly ate anything yesterday.) I convinced him to eat a bite of toast and drink a cup of milk for breakfast before going back to bed and he was busily snoring away last time I checked on him.

The sad thing is that he seems to take it as a personal effrontery that he should be sick the day before his birthday. I'm praying that he will feel better tomorrow. I"m also hoping that no one else gets this. It hardly seems fair that a kid should get sick during his summer vacation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop