Name Change

I realized recently that I changed more than just my last name when I got married. I also changed how I pronounce my first name.

In my single days, I pronounced it :
Mae*LYN (accent on the second syllable) 
because Mae*LYN Mc*CLEL*lan accents every other syllable and it sounds good that way.

When I got married, my last name became Hiatt, which has the accent on the first syllable.

Now, when I introduce myself to people using my full name, I usually pronounce it:
 MAE*Lyn (accent on the first syllable)
because MAE*Lyn HI*att has a better flow to it, and it's easier to say. (Say it to yourself a few times - MaeLYN Hiatt... MAELyn Hiatt... you'll realize I'm right.)

Of course, if I just say my name by itself, it's still MaeLYN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop