Are My Days Crazy?

A few months ago, a couple of my sisters began a facebook group to help us be motivated to be more creative. The idea was that each month they would post a new challenge, and then we were invited to participate in that challenge. I usually have enough creative stuff going on (between knitting, crocheting, jewelry making, sketching, Photoshopping, sewing, etc.) that I didn't feel like I really needed a challenge to be creative, but I joined anyway.

The most recent challenge is called "Crazy Days" and the challenge was: "Show us what you've been working on now that school is in session again!! We've all been crazy busy, I know, so share with us a glimpse of your craziness!!" 

The challenge was posted on Monday, September 12th. I read the challenge, and then thought, Yes, I agree that life seems crazy... but what makes it so crazy? What is it that I do each day that makes it seem that way? All my kids are in school, so it's not like I'm chasing after toddlers all day like a lot of my sisters are. And then I looked back on the day I was having. Yes, life was definitely crazy.

Here's my Monday:

5:25 get up, have family scripture reading

5:50 do aerobics

6:20 shower

6:35 read scriptures

7:00 wake boys, eat breakfast, straighten house

7:45 walk boys to school

(So far, pretty normal for me...)

8:00 my friend (and RS counselor) picks me up, gives me a ride to where Hannah parked my van. (Hannah takes my van to seminary, and then parks in front of another friend's house across the street from the high school. Normally I walk to pick it up so I'll have a car during the day.)

8:15 my friend and I return to my house and discuss RS stuff.

9:30 I realize I'm going to be late for my next appointment scheduled for 9:30. My friend leaves, and I head out for my appointment. It is a Visiting Teaching PPI. They usually take between 30 minutes to an hour. The sister I was visiting ended up telling me about her children and grandchildren, and pretty much her entire life story. I enjoyed the chance to get to know her better.

12:30 I leave that appointment and return home for lunch.

1:00 I bake bread and prepare some food that I can bring to a ward member who is having surgery the next day. I also do the chores and stuff around the house that I need to do.

3:30 I pick up the boys from school.

4:00 I take John with me to drop off the food for the ward member. She tells me she doesn't have a ride home after her surgery the next day, and I suggest someone she can ask. After leaving there, John and I swing by a shoe store to get John some new shoelaces that he desperately needed.

5:00 I return home and start on dinner, but get a phone call from the ward member saying that the person I suggested can't give her a ride. We brainstorm for a few minutes. She tries calling someone else, I call another of my counselors for ideas of who else might be available... Eventually we figure it out. She has a ride.

6:30 Dinner is late.

7:30 We have Family Home Evening.

9:00 I am ready for bed.
Tuesday morning, I began documenting my day by taking pictures of everything I did with my phone. This has been my life for the last week: (Through Friday anyway. By Friday night the kids were sick of the *click* of my phone camera and I was literally sick.)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop