Hannah's Adventure Begins

I just got home from dropping Hannah off at the airport. She is flying to Salt Lake, where my sister Lindy will pick her up and take her to the MTC in Provo. She enters the MTC at 12:30 this afternoon, and will officially be Sister Hiatt, missionary.

I don't know how I feel about this yet. It doesn't seem real that I'm not going to see her for eighteen months, that she'll spend most of that time *hopefully* on the other side of the world. I am grateful that she made the decision to serve a mission, and I think she will be amazing. She seems so self-confident and grown up - much more so than I felt when I left to serve, and I was a couple years older than she is now.

Last Friday, we received an email from our stake president to inform us that Hannah's visa hadn't arrived yet, so she was being reassigned to the Provo MTC. It was a bit disappointing that she wasn't heading to Brazil immediately, but this gives her a little more time to learn some Portuguese before she arrives there. Hopefully her visa will come in the next six weeks so after the MTC she can go directly to Brazil. Otherwise, she will get to experience life as a missionary somewhere in the States for a while.

Last night, we took the family out to dinner at the Olive Garden, and then went to the church where President Moon set her apart as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was nice to spend the evening as a family - perhaps the last time we will be all together for a long time, since John will most likely leave for his mission before Hannah returns. And then with college, marriage, and the other boys' missions, who knows how long it will be?

I know Hannah has been collecting email addresses from those who would like to receive her mission emails. For those who would like to write to her, her email address is hannah.hiatt@myldsmail.net. Also, I'll be posting her letters on a different blog: https://sisterhiattsadventures.blogspot.com/.

Comments

  1. So exciting, she will be great! And when did her hair get so long again!? 💕 It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop