A Record of the Year

Today is another cold day. The weather report said it might snow tonight. I am not really ready for snow yet. yes, today is the first day of Fall, but last week the temperatures were still in the 79s and 80s. I kept the boys home from school another day. They are coughing still--that hacking moist kind of cough that makes me wince to hear it. Peter isn't really coughing, but he does have great green gobs of gelatinous goober slime oozing from his nostrils. I look forward to when everyone is healthy again.

Yesterday I finally loaded the pictures from our camera onto the computer, and uploaded the pictures from there to Picasa.



I realized that we haven't taken as many candid pictures this year as we have in years past, and that most of our pictures were taken on vacations or trips. Why is that? Well, one reason is that I consistently forget to bring the camera anywhere, unless I have it on a packing list somewhere. Part of it may just be that as the kids grow older they aren't as "cute" and I don't feel the same compulsion to catch their every antic on film (or whatever; it's a digital camera.) Another reason is that often the thing they are doing that is "cute" isn't something I want to encourage by giving attention to it--like when Peter plastered himself in mud last week, or months ago when he stuck pencil erasers in his nostrils. So what do I do? Take a picture and then scold them for it? Scold it and then take a picture so they have a reminder of what not to do?

I finally started making some progress on the 2010 Hiatt Kids Calendar. I usually would have started a long time ago, but I've been having a hard time coming up with ideas. Sunday Steven came up with something, and now I have three pictures that will work. Now I just have to come up with 10 more in the next two and a half months. I hope my kids' grandparents appreciate the calendars and the work that goes into them each year.

Comments

  1. That's a lot of pictures! You've had quite a year. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your calendar every year and do definitely appreciate all the hard work. You do such a great job on them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop