Freezing

The kids' school was canceled today for an "ice day". It snowed a bit yesterday, but there is only a few inches of snow on the ground. Normally school would have been held as usual today, but the temperatures were cold. The high was about -2* F . Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! Anyway, since Steven didn't have work to go to today either, we were able to sleep in. Steven made breakfast for us, including hash browns made from scratch. He made brick alley bread for lunch. I made some oatmeal crackers for a snack this afternoon, and Steven made English muffin pizzas for dinner - making the English muffins from scratch too! I was very impressed.

I could have stayed home all day today, except that I had agreed to help out a sister in our ward, giving her a ride to an appointment, since she doesn't drive. I was grateful that the main roads were plowed and I didn't slip and slide as much as I worried I would. Other than that, it was nice to have an entire day to relax at home, without having to make three trips to the school like I usually do.

The kids watched movies today (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Muppet Movie, and part of The Sword in the Stone.) Every time I turned around it seemed like they were bickering, dog piling on each other, or otherwise injuring one another. I assume they were bored, not being able to play outside much because of the cold.

I am grateful that I have a warm home to be in tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop