Valentines' Day

I had a wonderful Valentines' Day! On Sunday, I discovered an invitation on my pillow: Two free tickets to a dinner theater production of "We Live in the Jungle 2" by the Hiatt Kidz!

On Valentines' Day, Steven picked the boys up from school, and when they arrived at home, they had roses.





When dinner time approached, I was shooed away from the kitchen as the children took over. Finally, my date with Steven arrived. Dressed up a bit, we left the house and took a short walk, then arrived at the "restaurant" where we were met at the door by two adorable hosts/waiters who took us by the hand, led us to our seats, and presented us with a menu. After we ordered, the chefs in the kitchen filled our plates with salad, spaghetti, and fresh baked french bread (Steven made).
 

After we had been served, the show began. A year or so ago, we saw a performance of "We Live in the Jungle" and enjoyed it so much that we watched it a few times, and even recommended them for a performance at other functions, including a family reunion talent show. This was a sequel, introducing a new character, and was just as enjoyable as the original, and we enjoyed hearing some of the same songs from the original, especially the "Ellllllllllll-i-FANT" song.





After our dinner, and after the kitchen staff had eaten we rounded out the evening by watching the love story "Enchanted" as a family before we sent the children off to bed. It was really a very enjoyable Valentines' Day. I love my children and I love my sweet husband!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop