Bad Mom, Crazy Kid

Even though the temperature was in the 20s and little wispy snow was falling, John was determined to walk to school this morning. At school they keep track of how many miles they've walked or run, and John has the second most in the entire school. A girl in Josh's class has more than him. So he is determined to catch up if not surpass her. So I let him go. (I didn't realize it was in the 20s until I got in the car with Josh, but I did know it was cold.)

Anyway, as I was driving home again after dropping off Josh at the school, I saw a boy running towards the school. He would run on the sidewalk until he came to a street, stop and look in all directions for several seconds before dashing across the street and running to the next intersection. Interestingly in the freezing weather (literally) is that his unzipped coat was wide open and flapping on his back, and his backpack had slipped down to his elbows and was barely hanging on! What was his mother thinking letting him go out in that kind of weather, let alone making sure his coat was zipped up and he was dressed warmly???!!! I should report her to social services! Oh wait. That is me.You would think that he would feel cold and zip up his coat at least? Maybe the act of running was keeping him warm enough? I hope so.

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop