A Reason to Love Living in Colorado

The side of the house; notice the branches in the street.
 After a mild winter last year and a warm summer, I was not ready for the snow that weather forecasters were predicting. I didn't want snow. I didn't want to have to drive in it. I didn't want to have to shovel it, slip and slide in it, or have anything to do with it. I really didn't. So when I awoke Wednesday morning to a blanket of thick white snow, with more still falling, I wasn't excited. The snow fell most of the morning. At one point I heard a loud crash, and I didn't know what it was at first, but when my visiting teacher came to visit she told me that a branch from our neighbor's tree had fallen into the street. A lot of leaf covered branches fell from the weight of the heavy snow. A few people I know had their power out for extended periods of time, and without heat, they had to find other places to go. Luckily, that didn't include us.

The front of the house around noon yesterday
So after all that, what is my reason to love living in Colorado? Well, today is warmer and sunny, and the snow is already melting off. The trees look gorgeous in their autumn colors. I have a few more days or weeks before I have to deal with snow again.

The front of the house around 3pm today.
Peter standing at the side of the house today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop