My Kids' Christmas Wish Lists

A few days ago, I asked each of my children to make a list of ten things he/she would like for Christmas this year. I thought they were very expressive of my children's interests and personalities. I thought I'd share what they came up with. My comments are in green.

Hannah (age 12):
  • Books (fantasy)
  • tape (any sort) [I assume this is to support her craft making habit.]
  • clothes 
  • drawer things [The two storage drawer towers she already has aren't enough?]
  • socks (colorful) [She regularly wears mismatched socks, and she loves bright patterned ones.]
  • duct tape (blue, purple, etc.) [See tape, above]
  • a good surprise [Apparently she doesn't just want us to get the things on the list...]
  • a clock and/or watch (quiet) [The clock in her room does tick rather loudly.]
  • movies (Tangled, Tarzan, Aladdin, etc.)
  • an umbrella

John (age 10):
  • Books (The Son of Neptune)
  • Origami Paper [He rations the paper he has to make sure it will last until he can get more.]
  • Belt
  • Flashlight
  • Clock
[Apparently he couldn't think of ten things he wanted.]

Joshua (age 8): [He actually wrote his list before I asked about it. Keep in mind that he wants to be an inventor when he grows up.]
  • A wallet
  • a car (real) [He says he wants the car so he can turn it into a time machine.]
  • keys
  • blue print paper (200 pads) [we figured out he meant blue graph paper.]
  • my own desk
  • my own robot
  • my own tools
  • my own wood
  • my own nails
  • my own lamp
  • my own radio
  • my own clock
  • my own wires (900 packs)

Peter (age 6):
  • a tree house
  • a cookie monster stuffed animal [So his Elmo doll can have a friend maybe?]
  • a clip board
  • a Lego Scotland box (leprechauns) [we watched Darby O'Gill and the Little People recently. I think that inspired the leprechauns?]
  • a pillow [He already has a regular one and a pillow pet...]
  • a picture of a leprechaun
  • a pet [I guess he thinks four cats isn't enough.]
  • a robot
  • more socks please [what???]
  • another pair of shoes

I am grateful that my children don't have very expensive tastes, and most of the things on their lists are do-able. Except for the real car... and the the tree house at the moment. I'm glad that my children aren't super anxious for video games, ipods, cell phones and other electronics yet. They probably won't get everything on these lists, and they may get things that aren't on the lists, but at least this gives me an idea of where their thoughts are.

Comments

  1. Those are great. I wonder what my kids would say? I can guess some, but kids are so unpredictable I bet I would be surprised.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop