Isn't she Gorgeous?

A couple weeks ago, Hannah dressed up to attend a formal dinner. 

As she was preparing to leave - to drive herself to the dinner with her newly acquired drivers license, it dawned on me just how grown up she is. She is mature and responsible. A year from now she will graduate from high school and be off to college, and a year after that she'll probably be a missionary. She's come a long way from the adorable baby she used to be. How long will it be until she is married and having babies of her own? 

I remember as a young mother being told to cherish each day because babies grow up so fast. At the time, I don't think I really understood, but now I'm beginning to. I don't miss the diaper changing, the toilet training or the tantrums, but I have loved watching my children grow and mature. I love seeing them develop talents and discover things they can do. And every once in a while I stand back in awe of these wonderful children God has shared with me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop