I'm the mother of four. I enjoy music, reading and crafting. I work in a fabric store. I'm also a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Here's some of what goes on in my mind...
Ballerinas
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
I messed around with this one for a long time, trying different effects and backgrounds.These are my favorites.
I recently told my bishop that I enjoyed giving talks in Sacrament Meeting, and it is true. I didn't expect, however, that I would get an email from a bishopric member on Thursday last week to say that his talks for Sunday had to leave town, and would I be willing to speak? Here is the talk that I gave on Sunday, May 27th, 2012: For my topic today, I was given a talk which was given by President Monson in 1992, entitled “An Attitude of Gratitude”. In his talk President Monson begins by telling the story of the 10 lepers. I would like to share it with you. In Luke 17 we read: And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee. And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: And they lifted up their voices, and said, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.” And when he saw them, he said unto them, “Go show yourselves unto the priests.” And it came to pass, that, as they went, ...
Something that I have enjoyed doing a lot in the last couple years is using plastic canvas and yarn to make tissue box covers. This is a simple way to be creative and make something that I will use! I start with 5 pieces of plastic canvas. The top is about 33 holes x 60 holes, two sides are 60x24, and the last two sides are 33x24. The top will have a slot cut in the middle, but the size of the top varies depending on the design. It should at least be large enough to easily feed the tissue through! I usually plan my design before I begin, often drawing it out either on graph paper or sketching it onto the canvas itself with a permanent marker. I like experimenting with different types of stitches and textures to make each one unique in its own way. Once each side is stitched, then I sew them all together. Here are some of my past projects: This is the one I have on my bedside table. The colors aren't good in the photo, but it is navy and pink. The monster box was one of the first o...
I need help! I'm still working on my homework for my creative writing class: writing about something I hate. I've written two pieces, and I can't decide which I want to submit. Please, read them both and then comment and tell me which you like better. Which is more interesting? Which shows more individuality, or more voice? Which best describes what it is and why I hate it? ______________________________________________________ There is a comedy sketch in which a man walks into a restaurant that serves bisque. He asks the waiter what kinds of bisque they serve, and the waiter lists several: mushroom, tomato, asparagus, lettuce, shrimp, but dwells on the house specialty, which is lobster bisque. The customer doesn’t care for lobster, and so he orders the mushroom bisque. A few minutes later, the waiter returns to apologize and inform him that they are all out of mushroom bisque. So the man asks for tomato bisque. The waiter tells him that they are out of tomato bisque as...
Comments
Post a Comment