I'm How Old Now?

So, yesterday I got a ton of messages on my Facebook account. They were saying something about me having a great birthday. Thank you, if you were one who sent a message.

I had a quiet day. Mostly. I awoke to a loud clap of thunder, and it poured rain most of the morning, but by afternoon the sky cleared and Hannah took Josh and Peter on a walk to the dollar store to get me gifts. We didn't have any flour in the house so I didn't get a birthday cake, but Hannah made some Jello and I got that for dessert.

My mother in law sent a beautiful birthday banner that she quilted. I'm excited to put it up for each of the kids birthdays this summer. I also received a couple gift cards to JoAnn, so I'm contemplating what I'd like to get there - yarn or knitting needles, or beads or fabric... My sewing machine isn't working right now, so fabric isn't as exciting as it otherwise might be.

The kids got me a vase with a flower and Reeses Pieces. John made me a cat out of a pipe cleaner. Hannah gave me a couple puzzles.

It was a nice day, and I enjoyed it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop