Pioneer Medley

I've mentioned in passing a time or two a pioneer medley that I arranged a while ago. (See here and here.) It started out as a piano piece, as I experimented with different pioneer songs, putting them in, taking them out, moving them, changing them, and just having fun with it, and learning a lot about music and chords and stuff while I was at it.

This last summer, in an attempt to encourage Hannah to keep practicing her viola over the summer, I made it into a duet for piano and viola. Hannah and I performed it for my parents via Skype, and a few weeks ago we performed it again for Hannah's Young Women in Excellence. (see here)

I've enjoyed the process of putting these together, and I so I thought I would share. I don't have recordings to hear how they sound, but you can click on the links below to see and/or print the sheet music.

Pioneer Medley for Piano only
Pioneer Medley Duet for Piano and Viola
Pioneer Medley Duet - Viola part

*Disclaimer - I have no idea what copyright laws are in effect in regard to these arrangements. I obviously didn't write the original tunes. These are for your personal enjoyment only.

Comments

  1. It is specifically for stuff like this that I wish I were a better piano player. I would love to hear it, but I'm just not quite good enough to play it and figure out what it's supposed to sound like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop

The Year in Review: Peter in 2022