First Day of School Possibilities

This is it! The boys are at elementary school for the next five hours or so, Hannah is at the middle school for the next six hours or so, and Steven is downtown at UC Denver for the next seven hours or so. I have the house to myself!!! Woohoo!!!

After looking forward to this for so long, I'm having trouble figuring out what I want to do first. There are so many things that I want to do, that I should do. Where do I start? Actually, I've already walked the boys to school so I can check off exercise for the day. I've checked my email and paid bills. Breakfast has been cleaned up. (Steven helped with that before he left. Isn't he wonderful?) The cats have been fed and watered and their litter boxes have been cleaned out. I should get some laundry washing, and maybe I'll clean out the cupboards in my laundry room today. I'll make something for dessert for FHE tonight, and maybe fill the crockpot with something for dinner. I've got a book to read (I've always got a book to read). Will that keep be busy until the boys come home? Maybe. If not, I could clean out the linen closet, or draw a picture in Photoshop. I could start working on calendar pages. I could watch a movie while I start a new knitting or crocheting project. I could finish an old sewing project or begin a new one. I could work on the pioneer song medley I started months ago. I could pull out the painting things I hid away when Hannah became a toddler and see if I can still remember how to paint with a real paint brush. I could go to the pool for a while or just go for a drive. I could even take a nap! It is the first day of school, and the possibilities are endless.

Comments

  1. Wow! So organized! Some days I wonder how much more I could get done if my kids weren't home all the time! You are an example to me, though, there is always more I could be doing instead of sitting here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop