Report on First Week of School Productivity

Today begins the second complete week of having my entire family in school most of the day. I thought I'd give an update on how I've been keeping myself busy during my alone time.
Monday: Cleaned out the laundry room, everything from organizing the cupboards above the washer and dryer to vacuuming up kitty litter that had spilled under the shelves. Prepared a crockpot dinner, made refreshments for FHE. Washed a load of laundry, paid bills, wrote a blog.
Tuesday: Cleaned out the linen closet, even labeled the shelves with what should go on each one. Washed a load of laundry. Went to the library. Started a digital scrapbook of clothes that I like as part of my quest to find my style. Had a meeting with our new Primary chorister.
Wednesday: Presidency Meeting in the morning. Went to Goodwill for some pants for Hannah and a belt for myself. (This was the kids minimum day so they got home early.) Cooked pinto beans from scratch for dinner.
Thursday: Went visiting teaching. Hung out at the pool with a book. Washed a load of laundry. Started working on creating calendar pages.
Friday: Spent entire morning (8am-noon) helping Josh's teacher at the school. Went grocery shopping.

Maybe I was more productive at the beginning of the week than I was later on. Or maybe the things I did took more time. Anyway, I did feel productive last week. I enjoyed having the time to work on projects uninterrupted. I loved being able to go visiting teaching and grocery shopping without kids with me. I think I'm really going to enjoy this year!

By the way, Steven and the kids all seem to be enjoying school. Peter complained a couple days about getting headaches at lunchtime, but other than that they all seem to be adjusting well and getting along with their teachers and classmates.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop