Making Jewelry

A week or so I wrote about my search for my style (Click here to see) and mentioned that I have been wanting to learn how to make jewelry with beads, but didn't have the resources to get the supplies necessary to get started. A friend of mine saw the post and offered to send me her beads and tools that she didn't want anymore. (Thanks a ton Melissa!!!) I took her up on the offer, and the package arrived in the mail Monday afternoon. I was thrilled to see how much she had sent me - not just a case full of beads, but several tools, spools of wire, rulers, files, and books that explained how to do it! Tuesday morning I waited until all the kids were out the door, then hurried to pull out the box she sent. (Remember in Bedknobs and Broomsticks when Angela Lansbury's character waited until all the kids appeared to be asleep before she ran to her workshop to unwrap her first broom? It was something like that.) I spent the rest of the morning reading books, playing with the wires and tools, and learning how to shape the wire into cool shapes. I ended up making myself a couple earrings that I wore when I went to pick up the boys from school. This morning it was the same thing, but today I had a plan. I had looked through the books last night and found the instructions for a bracelet that didn't seem too hard, but would give me some more experience with shaping wire. So I spent a couple hours this morning making myself a wire bracelet. It was loads of fun, and I look forward to being able to play with my new toys some more tomorrow.
Here is a picture of my completed projects so far
 On a less happy note, my brother-in-law is currently in the hospital. He and his wife are in our prayers and I wish that there was more we could do for them.

Comments

  1. Good job on the jewelery, they look great! :) Sorry about your brother-in-law, I hope he gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! So glad that you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop