Apples

On Saturday, our bishop and his family picked a whole lot of apples from a tree owned by a friend of theirs. They came home with the back of their Excursion full of apples.
Photo
They posted this picture of the back of their car on Facebook.
I happened to be at their home when they were unloading the apples (One of their sons is a Webelos and we went on a hike that morning.) and so they gave me two large boxes full of apples to take home. The two boxes I brought home barely made a dent in the number of apples they had left.

What do you do with two large boxes full of apples?
Box #1
Box #2- after making a boat load of applesauce.
  Several of them were eaten as snacks.

We spent much of the rest of the day making applesauce.

We still have a huge box full of apples, plus a bunch of bottles of applesauce.

This morning I encouraged the boys to take apples to school as snacks. I also made applesauce muffins for breakfast. I'm thinking of dehydrating some apples slices. I know at least one of my children isn't a fan of apple desserts (apple pie, crisp, etc.). I don't have a lot of canning jars, or much freezer space, so we kind of have to use them up somehow. Any suggestions?

Comments

  1. Dried apple slices! Or fruit leather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good ideas! I decided to make fruit leather today. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop