The Birds


The birds are staking out the house. They pretend to be eating the grass or whatever it is out there, but really they are spying on me. A car passes on the street and they flutter and fly, but they soon return. My cats go crazy. They want to get out there and chase away the intruders. I finally let Abish out. She looks at all the birds, and then turns around and meows at me to open the door and let her in again. It is intimidating to have that many birds flocked together, so determined to stay. Will they attack? Will they form a mob and dive bomb us and peck our eyes out? They chatter at each other and the noise is deafening. What are they saying? What are they plotting? I think I'll stay inside for a while... until they all give up and fly away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop