Potty Training: success! (I think)

Today for the first time, Peter managed to stay dry all day, with no accidents. What is even more exciting to me is that (again for the first time today) he even told me, twice, that he needed to go potty - before it was too late! I am so thrilled!

Over the last two weeks, he's been doing pretty well. I found a bath toy duck that can "pee" into the potty, and that seemed to motivate Peter to want to go in the potty, rather than just sitting on the potty for a few seconds and being "done" and then peeing on the floor a few minutes later.

Peter is also really good at going long periods of time without needing to go. He lasted through all three hours of church today, and told me he needed to go just before we left, and he was still dry. I don't seem to need to worry about him having accidents when he takes naps, and twice this last week his diapers were dry in the morning. (I wish I could say the same for Joshua!)

I cross my fingers and really hope that this is the turning point and that two weeks from now I can say that he is fully potty trained. Then again, I remember my motto: Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed. So I don't expect it, but I really do hope for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop