Monday Morning

Monday morning is when I'm supposed to be my busiest, cleaning the house, recovering from the weekend, maybe getting some laundry going. Instead I'm sitting at my computer with my head in a bit of a haze. Am I still sick? not really. My nose is still stuffy and I have a lingering cough, and a tiny touch of a headache if I think about it, but other than that I feel pretty well. Yet my brain is still a bit fuzzy. I guess I'll take it easy today. I wouldn't want a relapse.

The weather is actually cold today! The newspaper said the high would be in the 50's, and after months in the 70s and 80s, that seems COLD! It's also damp outside. It isn't really raining, but it is damp. John and Josh are home from school today, coughing and really congested. I might have left the windows open for the humidity if it weren't so cold out since my humidifier doesn't have a filter for it and my vaporizer is broken. Instead, I have a huge pot simmering gently on the stove to try to put some moisture in the air for my poor sick family. I tried to give my boys cough medicine, but that didn't work out very well. John ended up spewing it out all over, and Josh wouldn't even try it. I agree that it tastes horrible, but it is effective. I'll have to figure out some other way to help my boys rid themselves of the cough so they can return to school.

Yesterday Peter was experimenting with writing his own words. We've worked for a long time on identifying letters. He knows all their names, most of their sounds, and even knows how to recognize and spell a few short words. Yesterday he reached a new stage where he thought about the sounds in a word and then figured out which letters make those sounds. I think he did really well. "Mucky" is what he came up with for "monkey" and "fomr" is his version of "farmer". I think this is awesome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop