A Testimony of Temple Sealings

I attended my first LDS civil wedding on Saturday. The missionaries in our ward have been teaching a family for a while and they wanted to be baptized, but the parents needed to be married first. Our bishop officiated at the wedding, and there were several people in attendance - both their family and friends as well as many members of the ward.

I think what struck me the most was the similarity between the words in the civil wedding ceremony and the temple wedding ceremony. It was like someone had taken the temple ceremony and crossed out all the good parts and just left bare bones.  "Kief, will you take Bridgette by the right hand?" "...before God and these witnesses... " "...enter into this state of matrimony..." As I listened, I felt the Spirit testifying to me that while the covenant of marriage between a man and woman is important, the temple ordinance really is a lot more wonderful. I am so grateful that I was able to receive those wonderful blessings, to be with my husband and family not just until the end of my mortal life, but for eternity.

Kief, Bridgette and their two oldest children were baptized yesterday after our normal church meetings. I hope that Kief and Bridgette can receive those wonderful temple blessings a year from now, that they can be sealed to Brandon, Andi, Donavon, Cody and Eli. A temple sealing is definitely worth the work and the wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop