Updates on Projects

So I'm a slacker and let weeks go by without posting. I'm still here. Here is some of what we've been doing:

In the process of fixing up our house, we completed step one: scraping the popcorn off the ceilings... and this included three bedrooms, a long hallway, the living room and dining room. Steven did most of the work (the master bedroom, the boys' room, the hallway, entry, the dining room, some of the living room), but Hannah and I both scraped her bedroom, and I did most of the living room.
 Once all the ceilings were done, the fun part began - painting! We started painting the boys' room, which now sports a flat white ceiling and beautiful blue walls. I hung some curtains, and now the room looks nice and cozy.

Boys room before the makeover: plain white walls, no curtains, blinds so ragged and broken we never used them.


Boys room after the makeover: blue walls and curtains. Since I took the picture I hung pictures on the walls. I think it looks great!
 Once the boys' room was complete we started on Hannah's room. I actually did most of this by myself last weekend while Steven was away at a Woodbadge scout training camp. Her room now sports light purple walls, white ceiling and bright rainbow striped curtains. (I don't have a before picture of her room - half of the battle in there was just cleaning it out enough to find the floor!)
purple walls, colorful curtains... I still need to hang pictures up in there again.
Meanwhile, the work on the kitchen cabinets progressed to a point - the bottom half of my kitchen is stripped and sanded down to bare wood. I haven't painted anything in there yet, and I haven't started stripping the higher cabinets yet.

Besides projects around the house, I also began volunteering at the school, helping Peter's kindergarten teacher for an hour once a week. Our ward Primary Program is coming up in less than a month now, and preparations for that are in full swing. I've taught myself to knit during this past year, and in the last couple months I completed a lap blanket and I'm currently working on a pair of socks.
As you can see, I've been a bit busy lately, but I will try to blog more often!!!

Comments

  1. Wow! You have been busy! What a difference paint makes! That is my next step here too, but it's a bit overwhelming right now to tackle that after all we have been through, but I"m so tired of white walls!! Great job it looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the painting!!! The house looks great! Was the ceiling scrapping a huge mess? Can't wait to see the cabinets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, is that Steven actually doing work? Whoa, good thing you got a picture of it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop