Easter 2011

Easter kind of sneaked up on me this year. You'd think that being so late in the year, I'd be ready and waiting, but I guess not. Anyway, on Saturday once the chores were done we covered the table with newspaper and colored eggs.


The kids and I all helped color the eggs.



A couple of Hannah's eggs
Sunday morning began with an Easter egg hunt, where some of the eggs contained candy, but others contained slips of paper with scriptures written on them. The children had to read the scriptures (about resurrection and eternal life) in order to receive candy for those eggs.

After church we began preparations for dinner.

Steven made mashed potatoes. John made a salad. I made homemade rolls and heated up the ham.

Hannah set the table. Josh cooked some corn.

I love having fresh tulips in our yard I can cut and bring in to decorate!

The food is ready and we're ready to eat!

We had a great holiday. I love this time of year with the signs of new life everywhere, and a wonderful chance to remember our Savior's resurrection and what that means for us. I'm so grateful to know that I will resurrect someday, and that one day I will be able to be with my grandparents and other family and friends who have passed away.

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop