A True Story about a Boy and His Monkey

I was putting Peter to bed a few days ago, and he was sad because he wanted his monkey to sleep with.
"You have a pillow monkey", I told him...
But he didn't want that one.

"How about this one, from Christmas last year?"
But he didn't want that one either.
 
"The one I want is smaller," he told me helpfully.
 
 
"Well, how about this one?
Or this one?
 
Or this one?
Or this?"

"No, no, no, the one I want is brown!"

"Like this one?
Or this one?"
"No! None of those are the one I want!"

"That's all the monkeys I can find! 
                  Does it have to be a monkey? 
                                  Could you sleep with Elmo?
Or his good friend Cookie?




What about a chipmunk...
...Or a cow...
...Or a moose?
You might like a duck...
...or a fish."

"I don't want any of those!" the poor, tired boy said.

He slept that night without the poor, missing monkey, with only his eight other monkeys to keep him company. He found the missing one a day or two later in Josh's trunk. 

Now he can sleep happily, with the right monkey.
The End








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop