Holiday Stress

Crazy, crazy, crazy
Too much to do, not enough time
Make a list, check it off, run to the store, search online
Make it, buy it, wrap it, hide it! 

Slow down, slow down
remember the reason! 
Christ is the gift
That's important this season.

Practice, prepare, rehearsals and stress
Strive to always do your best.
Sing it, perform it, lead it, teach it.
Are you feeling the Spirit yet?

Sniffle, cough, headache - really?
Bedtimes too latemornings too early.
Concerts and scouts, class celebrations,
Homework and laundry and dishes and cleaning!

Turn on some carols
Read the sweet story.
Take a deep breath
Remember God's glory.

Oops, I forgot! 
It's not as nice as I'd hoped.
Hope it gets there in time!
Let it go. Let it go.

A week from today, in a flurry of paper
the gifts will at last be discovered.
My kids will still love me.
My husband will too. 
(And maybe then I can escape from this zoo.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop