Llamas on the Brain

Has your brain ever latched onto some random thing and refused to let go?

This morning, I noticed that Joshua had a button pin on his school lanyard that I hadn't noticed before. (The lanyard has his school ID that he is supposed to wear to school every day.) On taking a closer look, I discovered that it had a picture of two adorable llamas on it.

"Cute!" I exclaimed.

"What's cute?" Peter asked.

"He's got llamas on his lanyard!" I told him. And that's when it happened. My brain fell in love with that line. He's got llamas on his lanyard. He's got llamas on his lanyard. My brain started chanting it over and over again, relishing the alliteration. Llamas on his lanyard. Llamas on his lanyard.

As we walked to school, my footsteps kept pace with the chant: He's got llamas on his lanyard. He's got llamas on his lanyard. He's got llamas llamas llamas llamas llamas on his lanyard. I'll admit, it wasn't just in my head. I was chanting it out loud, too. At one point, Peter asked a question about if it was a song, and instantly, my brain started searching for a tune to put it to. Somehow it settled for the "Cinderelly" song that the mice sing as they're sewing a dress for Cinderella in the Disney movie:
He's got llamas on his lanyard. He's got llamas on his lanyard. He's got llamas llamas llamas, llamas on his lanyard. He's got llamas on his lanyard. Llamas on his lanyard. He's got llamas llamas llamas llamas llamas llamas llamas llamasllamas llamas llamas on his lanyard. 
Anyway, by the time I got home again, I was thoroughly sick of llamas, and wanted them out of my head forever. Hopefully, now that I've written about them, the part of my brain that is in love with them will be content that they won't be forgotten, and will let them retreat into my subconscious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop