Amigurumi project and Auction

Every few years, the Young Women in our ward have a Spaghetti Dinner and Auction as a fund raiser for girls camp. People donate things to be auctioned off, and all the money goes to the girls camp. When I heard they were having the auction this year, I decided to make some amigurumi to donate.

I crocheted the animals, then took them to the park for a photo shoot, and then made up little cards for them. It was a fun project and kept me busy.

The dragons were definitely my favorites!

 








Here are samples of some of the cards.




The auction was held last Saturday. We were seated at a table in the cultural hall, which had been decorated to resemble the Italian restaurant from "Lady and the Tramp". Hannah and the other young women served salad, spaghetti, and rolls for dinner. A silent auction was held on tables on one side of the room. Later, with our bishop serving as auctioneer, more expensive items were auctioned off to the highest bidder.

The Star Wars Characters were a big hit at the silent auction. I think the set ended up selling for about $30! The dragons and the turtle went for about $10 each. Josh and Peter came home with the cow and the chicken, having spent less than a dollar each. The others sold for somewhere between $2 and $10. At the end of the evening, it was fun to see kids running around with one of my creations tucked in an arm, or in the case of one of the dragons, being thrown around as though it was flying.

Our family acquired a sword, complete with sheath at the auction. I'm not sure what we will do with it, but it's kind of fun to have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop