Joseph Medley

I mentioned a couple days ago (if you watched my video from Monday) that I performed my Joseph Medley in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday. This is a medley that I have been working on - off and on - for a few years. It is a mashup of a bunch of songs relating to Joseph Smith. I had been working on it over the last few weeks, and finally felt like it was just about finished when I received an email from our ward music chairperson asking if I would perform a piano solo for Sacrament Meeting in a little over a week. This was the only thing that I felt I was close enough to being able to play well enough to perform with only a week's notice. I kept tweaking it over the next several days. (I think I printed out my final version on Friday!) But, with lots of practice, playing it several times a day (as you can see from the video) it turned out pretty well. I was happy with it, anyway.

Just in case you are interested, the .pdf of the sheet music is here. I also attempted to produce a midi file of it in MuseScore, but the tempo and dynamics are a bit off, and I couldn't figure out how to fix them. (It slows way down, and then speeds up later, and there is nothing I can see that tells it to do that... so I can't speed up the too slow part! And the dynamics changes are a bit more sudden than I would do if I were playing it myself.) You can get a general idea of the way it is supposed to sound, anyway. The midi file is here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop