A Hiatt Halloween

I didn't decorate for Halloween. I kind of decorated for fall by making this wreath, which hung on the front door to greet Trick-or-Treaters...

...along with the jack-o-lantern which we carved on Saturday afternoon, between a funeral and Hannah's last night of the play. Steven wasn't there; he was at a scout thing all day Saturday.


During the month of  October, I got a bit crafty making little crochet dolls for Halloween. I thought I'd give them out to Trick-or-Treaters as they came to the door.


ghost
clown
Medusa
witch
grim reaper

zombie
Frankenstein
Dracula
mummy
skeleton
invisible man
werewolf
devil

Hannah got crafty with her own and Peter's Halloween costumes. (What will I do without her next year?) Hannah was a clockwork droid from Doctor Who. She made her own mask and it turned out awesome!

Peter was a five headed dragon named Hirum McDaniels, which is from a podcast called, "Welcome to Night Vale". That involved a lot of papier mache and painting and creativity!

Joshua started out wanting to be a three headed person, but changed his mind a couple days before when his extra heads had yet to materialize, and he decided to be a Pokemon trainer instead.

John didn't really decide on a costume. I don't think he planned to go Trick-or-Treating, but Steven and I asked him to accompany Josh and Peter when they went. Hannah went with a friend.

Steven and I enjoyed a very quiet night at home. We received one (1) trick-or-treater at our home. She took home the witch and a large handful of chocolate candy. Peter decided he wanted to keep the mummy, and Josh kept the grim reaper, but I still have a bunch of crochet dolls I'm not sure what to do with now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop