Hannah's Senior Solo: Londonderry Duet

Thursday evening was Hannah's final high school orchestra concert. As part of that, she got to perform a senior solo, and she chose to perform a variation of "Danny Boy" that I arranged earlier this year. I call it "Londonderry Duet". I got to accompany her on the piano as she played her viola. (It's amazing to me that playing something in a high school auditorium is so much more intimidating to me than playing in a chapel at church, but it is. When I sat down afterwards, my hands were shaking terribly.) Hannah did a fantastic job combining her acting skills with her viola playing skills. Unfortunately, I didn't record the actual performance, but we did film a practice so she could show it to her conductor for approval.

If you are interested, you can see the piano sheet music and the viola music.

One of the challenges of this time of year is that there is so much going on. Joshua had a band concert the same evening, and Peter had scouts that night. So I went with Hannah to her concert so I could play for her. John accompanied Josh to his concert, and Steven took Peter to scouts. I'm glad that Josh's school is within easy walking distance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

The Year in Review: Peter in 2022

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop