Hannah's 18th Birthday Celebration

Last Tuesday, (the 5th!) we celebrated Hannah's 18th birthday. Now, I realize that we were early by almost two weeks, but we wanted to celebrate with her before she left for college, and time was ticking down and that was the last evening before she left that we all would be at home, so that's when we did it.

I was actually impressed when I took the boys birthday shopping for her. They were so conscientious about getting her things that would be useful in college. They gave her rubber scrapers for when she makes brownies and a strainer for her mac n cheese as well as a food chopper and serving utensils. Peter gave her a jar of Nutella because, well, it's Nutella. She also got a crock pot, baking sheets, a candle warmer and a pocket knife.




She asked for an ice cream cake, but it was too hard to stick candles in, so we put the candles in the box it came in instead.
 
 

Eighteen years ago, Steven and I were sitting around our little one bedroom apartment in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, looking at our newly acquired crib and changing table and stacks of tiny clothes and we were wondering what it would be like to be parents. And here we are now, with our daughter on the brink of adulthood.

I hope that we have taught her well. I hope that she knows what she needs to know, or at least knows how to find out what she needs to know in life. I'm proud of her and the person that she has become, and I trust that she will do well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop