Steven's Birthday

 Yesterday was Steven's birthday. (He turned 45.)

Steven with the birthday pumpkin pie that he made himself.

Gifts he received included a few books on bush craft, some paracord, a 3D unicorn puzzle, handkerchiefs, locking pliers and a jacket. Steven worked on the puzzle last night and finally finished it this morning.

Last Friday, President Nelson invited everyone in the world to flood social media with messages of gratitude. He told us that "counting our blessings is far better than recounting our problems." In response to his invitation, I wrote a message on Facebook yesterday morning about my gratitude for Steven.

Later, at church, the sister who gave a talk mentioned the many posts on gratitude that filled her Facebook feed. At one point she turned around to where I was sitting by the organ and asked if she could read my post. I shrugged, and said okay. So she proceeded to read to the congregation:
I am thankful for my wonderful husband (whose birthday happens to be today.) I love his thoughtfulness and the gift he has for helping me feel loved. Being married to him makes my life so much better than it would be without him. #givethanks
So Steven's birthday was announced over the pulpit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

The Year in Review: Peter in 2022

April 2023 Newsletter