Halloween 2010

Another Halloween has come and gone. I didn't spend much time or effort on costumes this year, but let the children choose what they wanted to be, and let them figure out their own costumes, helping as needed. While we didn't get a family picture, Steven took these pictures at our ward Trunk-or-Treat on Saturday night.

Hannah chose to be a duck. At her request, I bought her a yellow shirt and a couple foam visors and made her yellow pants. She made her own wings and put it all together.(You can't see the yellow visor that formed her tail. It was really cute!)




John wanted to be homework. I bought him a couple sheets of posterboard, which he wrote on so it looked like a sheet of homework. He had Hannah cut a bite shape out of it, and I attached it at the top with some pieces of yarn so it would hang from his shoulders. In hind site, I probably should have attached it at the sides somehow too. Oh well.
 
 Joshua had his heart set on being a monkey, so we recycled a monkey costume from a couple years ago and he was thrilled.
Peter was a dog; supposedly the dog who ate John's homework. I bought him a brown shirt, a hat that included ears and a dog nose, and I bought him a tail. The night of the Trunk or Treat, he couldn't find the tail, and he didn't wear the hat! He loved the cake walk though, and came home with three big plates of goodies. 

Steven and I didn't think about what we were going to wear until that night. I ended up wearing my Renaissance dress again, and Steven wore his hat. 
Here is my head shot from Saturday night.
This picture was from back when I first made the dress a couple years ago, so you can get the full view.

Even though the kids didn't go trick or treating on Halloween, they got plenty of loot from the Trunk-or-Treat and it was soon spread over the table as they compared, traded, and designed their own creations combining different candies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop