Snow Days

Something must be clogging the gutters. We get huge icicles!
Last Thursday we had parent teacher conferences. All my children are doing wonderfully well. Because of conferences, there wasn't regular school Thursday, and Friday was a furlough day for the teachers. (In order to save the district money, the teachers "get" a day off school with no pay.) So, we had to find ways to keep the kids entertained. Thursday morning we spent a couple hours at the school visiting not only with the boys' teachers, but also with the specials teachers (P.E., art, music). When we got home, I left Hannah to watch the others, and I took Joshua with me to the store to pick up some groceries. He was supposed to go shopping with a parent as part of his homework for the week; otherwise I would have done that shopping trip the day before. When we returned home, the kids had pulled out the beads and put on a movie. The beads kept them occupied for pretty much the rest of the day.

Can you see the track the sled made?
Friday we woke up to snow. Steven's classes were cancelled for the day as well, so our entire family got a snow day. For the next two days the kids played in the snow, sledding down the hill in front of our house as well as going to the nearby park and sledding down a hill there (with less fear of crashing into a house at the bottom). I'm grateful that our children are old enough that they can play in the snow without needing me out there with them. I stayed nice and cozy indoors. I was hoping that they would build a snowman using the snowman kit my sister Lia sent us for Christmas (and we haven't used because it hadn't snowed at all since we got it) but the kids complained that it wasn't "packing" snow.

When not playing in the snow, the kids played with Legos. Steven made homemade cinnamon rolls. I read books and put together a puzzle. We watched movies. By Sunday the snow had stopped, the roads were plowed and we were able to get to church without any difficulty. I think it is supposed to snow again in the next couple days. Will we get another snow day? I don't know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop