In Case Anyone was Wondering

I guess my last real post didn't really mention much about how we are doing. Nothing much has changed since my last status update. Steven is still busily searching for a job, and still isn't getting much response from anyone. No longer is he searching mostly in Denver with a few scattered jobs elsewhere. Now he is applying for whatever jobs he can find - mostly elsewhere with a few in the Denver area. We wish the phone would ring more from potential employers, and less from political campaigners.

We are grateful for the assistance we have received from home teachers and other ward members in the way of food and clothes, as well as with car repairs. In spite of their help, Steven's Jeep is out of commission. Until Steven finds a job, we can manage with just the van. It helps that both the boys' school and Hannah's bus stop are within walking distance.

 I sometimes wish that I were in a better position to bring in money, but I'm afraid I don't have the skills necessary to find a good job, and I don't really want to find a job and then have to leave it a few weeks later because Steven found a job in Tallahassee or somewhere equally distant. I also feel that it is important for me to be home when my children are home. Even though I have almost seven hours a day on normal days, they get out early on Wednesdays, they frequently have days off, teacher work days, etc. and I want the flexibility to stay home if one of them gets sick, without the added stress of having to find a substitute. I don't know anyone who is currently in need of child care, and that idea doesn't really appeal to me anyway. Plus I'm lazy. I've never wanted a job outside of my own home. I love having the time to pursue my own interests, and I hate being so busy I don't have time to nurture my creative side. Years ago, I was given a father's blessing in which I was told that my husband would always be able to support me; that I didn't need to worry about preparing myself for a career. Now I'm wondering about that.

We are grateful for your prayers. It is easy to become discouraged, but we strive to trust that the Lord has something better in store for us, if we can be patient long enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop

The Year in Review: Peter in 2022