I know Heavenly Father Loves Me

Last night I was feeling stressed, overwhelmed, and frustrated. I had been trying to set up visiting teaching appointments only to realize I had lost the paper with the phone numbers for both my companion and one of the sisters we visit. (I had phone numbers elsewhere for the other two sisters we visit). One of the sisters had set up an appointment only to text me back a few hours later to say that wouldn't work after all, and she wouldn't be available again for two weeks... I had also been trying to contact my Primary secretary about picking up the pizzas for our primary program practice on Saturday, and she hadn't answered her phone, and she hadn't been at home when I'd stopped by there, and she had told me previously that she doesn't have time to check email anymore... I needed to talk to a friend in the ward about Thanksgiving dinner, because we were planning on having it with them, but we needed to figure out what we needed to bring. I was wondering what our Christmas was going to be like with our current financial situation, and worrying about the Primary Program, and just feeling like everything was more than I could handle. After writing it down, it didn't look like that much, but the stress I was feeling was overwhelming.

First thing this morning I received an email from my secretary. While she had left her phone at a friend's house, she had started checking email more frequently, she was planning on bringing the pizzas, was there anything else I needed her to do?

I received an email from the friend we planned to have Thanksgiving with and we were able to begin planning for that.

I went to visit teach the one sister I had set up an appointment with, and we were able to spend a little more time with her than we planned, which ended up being a good thing.

Our home teacher's wife called and told me that she had been in the temple last week and felt like they needed to find out what they could do to help us with the holidays. She asked what we need, what sizes the kids are, and what food we need for Thanksgiving and Christmas. That was when I realized that the Lord really knows how I had been feeling. I realized that everything I had been stressed about the night before had been taken care of.

Later in the day, my sister Heather called to offer me a ride with them to Utah for Thanksgiving. My brother is getting married in Utah the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and I had figured that after our trip to Nauvoo this summer, we just couldn't afford another trip. I hadn't even realized that part of my frustration had been knowing that my family would be getting together and I wouldn't be able to be with them. After talking with Steven, and his assurance that he could get along without me for five days, even take care of Thanksgiving without me, I called Heather back to tell her I would take her up on the offer. Not only did the Lord provide the things that I knew I was frustrated and stressed about, but he also knew the things that I hadn't even realized I was frustrated about.

I am so very grateful for all those who called or emailed today, who answered my prayers and relieved my anxieties. Steven has felt a lot more relaxed since he quit his job, and I know that, too, is an answer to prayer. The Lord knows us. He knows our situation, and he cares enough to comfort us and bless us. The Lord knows me, and cares enough about me to send me the help that I needed. I feel so thankful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop