Thanksgiving Blessings

The past week or so has been wonderful! I have so much to be grateful for. Here are just a few of the many blessings which I have enjoyed this week.

  1. We had our Primary Program on Sunday (the 18th) and it went really well. (That was a huge load taken off my shoulders.)
  2. On Tuesday, I was able to travel to Utah with my sister's family. (Thanks Heather!!!)
  3. I was able to visit with my parents and siblings and have fun with them. (I'll never think of "reverse evolution" again without thinking about a certain game of Pictionary played with April and Heather.)
  4. I was able to attend a bridal shower for my new sister-in-law. (I'll have to practice making bridal bouquets out of newspaper, crepe paper, doilies, and rubber bands...) 
  5. In spite of the many people staying at my parent's house, I had a very quiet place to sleep - in the basement on Amber and Scott's remarkably comfortable sofa. (Thanks Amber and Scott!)
  6. I was able to have fun playing with my nieces and nephews... and hand them back to their parents when they got cranky. (I think the 1 to 3 year olds are my favorites right now.)
  7. I was able to spend some one-on-one time with my Mom while we went shopping for Thanksgiving food supplies. (Thanks, Mom!)
  8. I was able to enjoy  Thanksgiving with my parents and siblings for the first time in a decade. (And the turkey I helped prepare turned out pretty good.)
  9. I was able to get my older sister's help with some music I've been working on.(Thanks Lindy!)
  10. I was able to take a pleasant stroll down memory lane as I looked through the photos from my wedding and early marriage days as my Dad worked on sorting and scanning the hundreds of pictures my parents have in their files. (Thanks, Dad!)
  11. I was able to attend my youngest brother's wedding. (Congratulations Daniel and Jennifer!)
  12. It was awesome to be in a sealing room in the temple with my parents and nine of my eleven siblings, and several of their spouses, too. (We did miss Jarom, who lives in Taiwan, and Heidi, who is on a mission in the Philippines. They were in our thoughts, though.)
  13. While I was with my parents and siblings, my husband and children were having fun at home. They were able to have a good Thanksgiving dinner with friends from Church. They rode bikes and played at the park and decorated for Christmas, and hardly missed me. (They did seem happy to see me when I got home.)
  14. I was able to return home to my family in safety. (Thanks again, Heather!)
  15. While stomach bugs and sore throats occurred at my parent's home, I was able to return home without getting sick myself.
  16. On Sunday I was released from my calling as Primary President. (While I really came to enjoy this calling, I was ready for a change, and I know the new President will do a great job.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop