Of Bags and Satchels

I recently crocheted myself a hand bag. I don't usually carry a purse, but sometimes it is convenient to have something to hold my purse and keys if I don't have a pocket. I finished it yesterday. Here it is:
Joshua saw my bag, and decided that he wanted a satchel. (He has been watching Indiana Jones movies recently... Maybe he got the idea from that? I don't know. He wants something to hold a pocket knife in when he someday acquires a pocket knife...) He found some blue and white (self striping) yarn and asked me to make it out of that. When my own bag was done, I started crochetinghis, while listening to Hannah mockingly call it a "man purse" and Josh yelling at her, "It's a satchel!"

This morning I remembered some suede-like fabric I bought a few years ago thinking I would use it for a vest... and never did. I asked Josh if he would mind if I made his satchel out of brown cloth instead, and he didn't seem to mind, so that's what I've been working on today. I found a pattern and instructions here, but shrank it down a little. I think it turned out really nice - not girly at all! Here is the finished product:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop