It's Raining, It's Pouring

This week has been the rainiest I've seen in a long time. Sure, we frequently get the late summer evening thunderstorms, but it has been raining most of the day, every day, for the last three days.

Since we only have one car, I get to walk to take the kids to school and to pick them up afterwards. Luckily for us, only on Monday afternoon was it really pouring down on us while we were walking. Other days the rain has stopped for a little while, or it has just been a light sprinkle.

I like rain, when I don't have to be out in it. It is the perfect weather to curl up in a comfy chair with a good book, and since I am still wading through the Wheel of Time series, I have plenty to read. (I'm on book eleven now.)

At night, the sound of rain pounding on the roof is strangely relaxing, and it lulls me to sleep.

The grass looks greener now than it has all summer, and I haven't had to water my garden. I kind of wonder if the plants will drown from all the water they are getting, but so far they seem to be doing okay. I hope that some of this rain is landing in reservoirs so it can be put to good use.
 About 6:30 this morning, the front of the house was flooded.
 The park near our house has a huge grassy bowl that was designed to collect water in case of flooding. There was a lot of water there this morning, but the banks of the gutters were able to contain it all.
By the time I got back from taking the kids to school this morning, the flooding had gone down somewhat. The stepping stones were still under water, and there was still a stream , but it was a lot better than it had been.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

The Year in Review: Peter in 2022

April 2023 Newsletter