I Know my Redeemer Lives

(Peter gave this talk in Primary last Sunday. I thought it was awesome!)

In 5 days, we will be celebrating Jesus's birth. On Christmas Eve, my family reads and acts out the story of the first Christmas. We sing Christmas songs and think about his love, which helps us remember that he still lives. My topic is I Know My Redeemer Lives.

A few small stories I like about Jesus are when he healed the 10 and when he walked on the water without falling. If someone asks you, "What would Jesus do?" consider the option of pushing over tables and chasing people with a whip. I like that story, too. But the story I would like to talk about is when he suffered in Gethsemane.

When Jesus went to Gethsemane, he brought Peter, James and John as guards. While Jesus prayed, the guards were tired, so they fell asleep. That's all I'm going to say about them. In the garden, Jesus atoned for our sins and felt all of our pains. He felt the pain of everyone from the creation of life to the end of life, all at the same time. He did this because he loves us. He wants us to be happy and wanted us to live with Heavenly Father again. We just need to give our burdens to God, let go of our grudges and forgive like the bowler hat guy did to Louis in "Meet the Robinsons".

I know that Jesus lives. I know that he came to Joseph Smith and that he still lives today. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

(When he gave the talk in Primary, he left out the part about the bowler hat guy.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop