Woodpecker Sighting

It was Easter afternoon. We had been to church. We had done the Easter Egg hunt. We were busy trying to get dinner ready because we had missionaries coming to eat with us and we were on a schedule. Josh had wandered outside to enjoy the beautiful day.

I went out to stretch my legs and see what he was doing, and he pointed out to me the woodpecker high in a tree, carving out a home for himself, with its mate nearby, ready to take a turn. It wasn't long before my camera tripod was on the front walk, and two pairs of binoculars were out. After studying Steven's bird book, Josh determined that they were northern flickers because he noticed the red face markings.

A couple smaller birds came by and checked out the cozy hole in the tree with an eye to move in, but they were soon chased away. The hole grows larger day by day. I think it will be fun to have more birds in our neighborhood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop