Feeling Sick During Spring Break

I've had a headache for the last three days. Sometimes I can push it to the back of my mind and focus on other things. Other times it seems to take over my brain and I just want to detach my head and stick it in a closet for a couple hours so I don't have to feel it.

This is the menu that Peter made.
Thankfully, this is Spring Break. Steven let me sleep in this morning since we didn't have to get the kids up and off to school. I ended up sleeping until about 9:30. When I did finally get up and wandered out of my room, my children met me in the dining room. Josh had a towel over his arm and a notepad in his hand as he led me to my seat at the table where he pulled out my chair for me. I sat, and was presented with a menu. I made my selections, and very shortly, Hannah was cooking me pancakes - to order, Peter was filling up a glass with water for me, and John was slicing my orange. I ate my wonderful breakfast - even having Peter refill my water glass a couple times.

After breakfast, I went to shower and dress, but came out of the bathroom to the sound of vacuuming. My children were cleaning? Without my asking them to? Wow! Breakfast had been cleared away. John had washed the dishes. Hannah was vacuuming, and the house looked clean - an astonishing thing for the middle of spring break, with the kids playing with Legos, melting beads, battleship - all things with lots of tiny pieces. Even Joshua helped with feeding the cats and emptying the litter boxes, a chore that I usually do myself. The kids even started cleaning up the playroom/patio outside before they ran out of steam. I couldn't complain. It was such a nice thing for them to do!

My head still aches, but I can deal with it. I have awesome kids!

(I left for a few minutes and Hannah and Peter typed the following.)
We're Awesome!
Me too!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop