Blog Stats

I enjoy statistics. I get a kick out of playing with numbers. I am grateful for the "stats" that Blogger supplies to it's users, because that is how I know that people are looking at my blog.

I admit that I am a bit of a blog stalker. I love to look at family and friends' blogs, looking at the cute pictures they post of their kids, but I very rarely post comments. There's a limit to how many times I can say, "cute kids" before I start to feel very unoriginal and redundant. I enjoy reading about people's experiences and adventures, but I need to work on giving them feedback, at least letting them know that their post has been read. Other people apparently feel similar ways. Hence, my enjoyment of looking at my blog's stats.

Since it's debut on February 28, 2008, my blog has received 11,434 page views. Last month, 515 pages were viewed, and yesterday there were 28 pageviews. So far today there have been 18. Who were these 18? I don't know. Was it one person browsing around the blog reading several pages, or was it several people looking at different pages? I don't know. What pages did they view? Well, 4 viewed Tuesday's blog about Easter Celebrations; that page has been viewed 13 times since I wrote it, but even though I asked for responses, only one person has seen fit to answer so far. (Thanks April!) What other pages have interested people over the history of the blog?

The most viewed page, by far, is 2nd Annual Savory Ponds Ward Pinewood Derby. This blog featured pictures of Steven's dragon car. This page has been viewed 4492 times. Any search involving pinewood derby cars tends to bring up pictures of his awesome car, and this is the biggest draw from the general public. Interestingly, this page has been seen thousands of times and only one viewer left a comment.

Second place as far as most viewed page, goes to What is a Silly Rabbit? with 64 views. It received two comments, one of which was my own, in response to the other one. For a silly game, I was surprised that it got as much attention as it did.

Third was Beginning a Christmas Shopping List, with 57 views, which I can only think is people wanting assistance starting their own list, and so wouldn't be very interested in my listing what my own children have told me they wanted - almost four years ago. This post has received no comments.

Fourth place goes to Homemade Guitar Case, with 53 views. Once again, I think it must be a disappointment to people wanting instructions on how to make their own, rather than just pictures of the one I made. This post received two comments.

The fifth, and last one I will mention here, is Personal History #8, with 46 views and one comment. This post is another one that surprises me. It is a description of visits to my grandparents and aunt and uncle's homes when I was younger. What could draw people to read it?

Another part of the Stats that I enjoy looking at, are those that show where in the world my viewers live. While the vast majority are from the US (9608), there are also significant numbers from other countries, including Russia (673), Germany (194), Canada (87), Taiwan (72 - I hope at least some of these were Jarom.), Croatia (65), United Kingdom (55), Brazil (50), France (39) and India (35).

The last stat that I will mention here are the referring sites/URLs. I think these are those sites with links to my blog on the sides that get clicked on. I don't know whether it is the person who has the blog or other people visiting their blogs that are also visiting mine, but anyway, thanks to Amber, Karen, Megan, Kendra, and Tabitha for having links to my site on your blogs. (There are more of you, but these are those who have referred the most.)

This has probably bored you to tears... if you have even read this far ; )  While I appreciate having people read my blog, I really write it for myself. It is an outlet for the complaints and disappointments of life. It is a showcase for my achievements. It is a place for me to organize my thoughts and share with family and friends what my family and I are doing. I don't care if you want to read it every time I post something, or if you only read it once a month or once a season, or once a year. I do appreciate those who write a comment every once in a while to let me know you were here. Thanks to April, Amber, Tabitha and Heather for being my most regular commenters! (Also thanks to my mom, Karen, Kristy and Cyndi for also leaving comments in the past year.)

Comments

  1. That is so funny, i feel the exact same way about blogging and comments and i love looking at the blogger stats as well too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop