Beginning a Christmas Shopping List

The weekend is over. I really enjoyed having Kendra visit with us. She spent most of her time with her dad in Longmont, but we had time to chat and she entertained the kids with games on her phone and computer. It was good to see her again.

While Kendra was here she asked what my kids would like for Christmas, so she could tell their paternal grandma. I'm just over birthday season, and I'm not really ready to think about Christmas yet, but here is what I've come up with:

Hannah - craft supplies. [A knitting loom (like the kind you make hats on), yarn, fabric, tape, pinking shears, ribbons, crochet hooks] Books. [Horror, fantasy appropriate for a 10 year old advanced reader.] Clothes. [size 8. Long pants but NO jeans. Maybe twill or corduroy? long sleeve shirts]

John - Books. [mystery, fantasy appropriate for an 8 year old advanced reader, he also has interest in electricity and magnetism, magic tricks and origami] Clothes. [size 6/7, pajamas, long sleeve shirts, jeans]

Joshua - Dress-up clothes. [super hero cape and mask, chef's apron and hat, tool belt and construction worker's helmet] Clothes. [size 5, pajamas]

Peter - Movies. [Beauty and the Beast, Robin Hood (please only movies that were shown in theaters before coming out on DVD. No Dora the Explorer or the like.)] Learning Activities [computer games, books, activities appropriate for a Preschooler/Kindergartner.]

That's all I can think of at the moment. I suppose I should begin my own Christmas shopping soon, but I'm still gearing up for Halloween. Maybe I'll put out my Halloween decorations today. Hmmmmm.

Yesterday was my first time back to church since talking with the bishop two weeks ago. The rumors are running rampant and there is speculation in the air. Someone in the know is talking about things that shouldn't be talked about yet and there is at least one person who should be "in the know" and isn't yet... but she has already heard through the grapevine, rather than through official ways and means. That concerned me. I called the bishop this morning, and was told that their oversight has been discovered and will be remedied today or tomorrow. And the date of the change was moved up a week. So the "secret" will be out next Sunday. I never realized before how rampant the rumor mill is in our ward, but apparently it is very functional. Anyway, my predecessor in my new calling will come over tomorrow to answer my questions... I think I need to write them down because there are a lot I've come up with recently. I'm grateful that I will be serving with others with some experience and expertice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop

The Year in Review: Peter in 2022