I Need a Jump Start

Kids are out of school today. Hannah says it is a teacher work day and the teachers are tired of the students. My sister in law, Kendra, is coming to visit tonight. Her Dad, who lives in Longmont, had a heart attack a week or two ago and she is coming to visit him, but staying with us. So, I need the kids to help me clean the house today. How do I motivate them? I don't know. It is a cold day and I feel sleepy and my head is aching slightly. I need to wake up and get moving. Can you jump start a person without using caffeine or drugs?

It snowed for maybe twenty minutes yesterday, but there wasn't enough to stick. Today it is clear and cold. We may get more snow over the weekend. I don't mind the snow when I don't have to be out driving in it. I love it when I can stay at home, wrap myself in a blanket and read a book all day. It would be wonderful if we had a fireplace we could light and enjoy while reading a book, snuggled in a blanket while drinking hot chocolate. Hmmmm. I'm feeling a hankering for the holiday season. I came across our Christmas Tree a couple days ago when I was cleaning out our hall closet. For a few moments I contemplated setting it up now... but it is early October. Too early. We'll set them up the day after Thanksgiving, in about a month and a half.

I need to get off the computer and start working. Maybe I can take a short nap later. Maybe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop