Primary Happenings

Today was our ward primary program. It went wonderfully well. Except that I almost skipped the fourth verse of the first song. Whoops. Oh well. Everything else went well. I even played the piano for "Baptism" without a hitch...up to tempo. John memorized his part this morning before church sometime and I didn't realize he had it memorized until he did it and he was outstanding. Hannah gave a short talk about her baptism, describing it in detail. Josh and Peter both gave their parts. The primary children sang loud and clear, especially the one seven year old boy who always sings loudly, and with lots of enthusiasm. The closing song was Families Can Be Together Forever. The primary sang the first verse, the congregation joined in on the second verse, and then there was a little interlude (which I wrote) and the primary sang the chorus from "The Family is of God". It was awesome, and I cried through the closing prayer.

Earlier in the meeting, I was sustained as the primary president. I have many mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I'm relieved that I've finally been sustained, after sitting on it and thinking about it for three weeks. Now I can actually call a presidency meeting and start figuring out what I'm doing. On the other hand, I'm still clueless. People started looking to me to make decissions, like what are we going to do for sharing time next week. Incidentally, I wasn't released as Primary chorister this week, and a new chorister has yet to be called. The sister I've been trading off with as chorister just bought a new house and today was supposed to be her last Sunday. So next Sunday I'll probably be doing the music as well as whatever else I need to do. I feel overwhelmed right now; there is just too much that I need to think about. I'm glad the program is done. that's one thing I don't have to worry about anymore. Several people have assured me that I'll do fine, that I'll be a wonderful primary president. I hope so. I appreciate their confidence in me. I plan to do my best and serve as the Lord would have me serve as well as I can.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop