Haiku Day

Some Haiku to describe my day yesterday:

Dark shadows chase me.
I run, hide, full of terror
then wake exhausted.

     A brief flash of white,
     A plummeting shooting star.
     It begins to snow.

          Sequins on my sleeve:
          Glimmering, shining crystals
          Of fresh fallen snow.


Surrounded by friends
studying ancient scripture:
Institute heaven.

     Dishes and laundry,
     Blog, clutter, index and clean.
     Then Doctor Who time.

Kids arrive from school.
The homework battle begins.
How long till summer?

     Pale white and rounded
     islands rising from the sea:
     toes in the bathtub.

          I drag through the day
          tired, blinking and yawning.
          Dare I sleep again?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Talk about Gratitude

How Clean is Clean Enough?

Crochet Keychains in my Etsy Shop